Knowledgable |Personable |Experienced
We provide a wide spectrum of eye health and vision care services, including comprehensive eye exams, contact lens exams, diagnosis and treatment for dry eye disease, pediatric eye exams, and a full service optical.
- The office began as Briargate Optical in 1989 with the emphasis on optical.
- In 1999, Dr. Bennett added eye disease management for diabetes and hypertension, along with the treatment and management of glaucoma and surgery co-management.
- Dr. Bennett continues to add digital examination technology to his exams along with more choices in lenses, coatings, and new contact lenses.
Dr. Mark D. Bennett
Together with his friendly and expert team, Dr. Bennett is passionate about helping individuals of all ages see clearly and enjoy good eye health. His background enables him to help patients with a wide range of conditions.
- Bachelor of Science in Education from Ohio State University
- Doctor of Optometry from The Ohio State University College of Optometry
- Participates in school programs and health fairs with local employers and non-profits throughout the year
More about Dr. Mark D. Bennett
Dr. Bennett has been a member of the following organizations:
- American Optometric Association
- Southern Colorado Optometric Society
- Minnesota Optometric Association
- Montana Optometric Association
Comprehensive eye exams for adults and seniors
- allergy, autoimmune disease, or contact lenses
Eye disease diagnosis and management
- Macular degeneration
- Retinopathy of diabetes
- Systemic disease
Pediatric eye exams for children ages 3 and up
- Pediatric vision problems, including tracking, accommodation, and reading difficulties
Dr. Caitlin A. Maciejewski
Dr. Maciejewski decided to be an optometrist in high school after her uncle went blind due to diabetes and suffered in his quality of life due to his vision loss. She is a native of Montana and has called Colorado Springs home since 2017. She and her husband, Jeff, were blessed with their first child, Calvin, in June 2018 and he has yet to slow down their hiking, skiing, and exploring all that Colorado has to offer.
More about Dr. Caitlin A. Maciejewski
- Bachelor’s degree from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN
- Doctorate from Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia, PA in 2014.
- Membership in the American Optometric Association, Colorado Optometric Society, and InfantSEE program.
- Served in the United States Army the first three years of her optometry career at the Bayne Jones Army Community Hospital, Fort Polk, LA.
- Management of ocular disease and vision exams
- Pre- and post-operative care for refractive and cataract surgery
- Emergency care of infection, red eyes, and trauma
- Pediatric vision management
Char guides all facets of new technology for the practice, manages the optical, and manages the team. The staff is the greatest asset of Spectrum Eye Care, and she devotes time to training to make continuous improvements to service and care.
Char has been an optician for over 20 years and providing excellent customer service has always been her top priority. Together with her team, Char takes care of insurance and referrals, and delivers beautiful eyewear that you can be proud to wear for years to come.
Lynn works at the front desk and assists the doctors throughout the exam process, including testing and contact lenses. She is happy to answer questions about contact lenses, insurance, and the digital office admin performed with each patient.
Front Desk | Technician
Diane works at the front desk and performs many of the digital tests on patients. She provides training on contact lens care and products for patients. Changes in technology keep Diane busy, including new contact lens materials and digital eye scans for the detection of eye diseases. Diane’s goal is to provide the kind of service and care she’d want her own family to receive when going to the eye doctor.