Meet Our Staff
Meet Our Staff
Our office continues to update and change
Doctor Bennett changed the name of our eye care clinic to Spectrum Eye Care to reflect the “spectrum” of changes he sees coming in eye care, healthcare, the VA and eye disease management, as well as the partnerships doctors maintain with insurances providers, clinics and hospitals.
- The office began as Briargate Optical in 1989 with the emphasis on optical.
- In 1999, Doctor Bennett added eye disease management for diabetes and hypertension, along with the treatment and management of glaucoma and surgery co-management.
- Today, Doctor Bennett continues to add digital examination technology to his exams along with more choices in lenses, coatings and new contact lenses.
Meet the Optometrist – Dr. Mark D. Bennett
Mark Bennett received his Doctor of Optometry degree from The Ohio State University College of Optometry and completed his Bachelors in Science Education at OSU.
Doctor Bennett and his staff make a point to participate in school programs and health fairs with local employers and non-profits throughout the year.
Over the years, Dr. Bennett has been a member of the American Optometric Association, Southern Colorado Optometric Society, Minnesota Optometric Association and Montana Optometric Association. He has also been a leader with the Boy Scouts of America, BNI, HOA neighborhood and his family’s church.
Doctor Bennett’s specialties include:
- Allergy, dry eye and contact lens problems stemming from the dry Colorado climate
- Pediatric vision problems, including tracking, accommodation and reading difficulties
- Senior age-related eye disease, including cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration, as well as retinopathy of diabetes, hypertension and systemic disease
Karen – Optician and Buyer
My education and experience in ophthalmology and optometry started in 1995 in the area of medical billing. In 2010, I moved from Rochester, New York to Colorado, where I branched out into optical. As the buyer of our designer eyewear, I merge the newest fashions with Nikon digital technology used to make your prescription lenses.
Ongoing relationships with the patients over the years makes coming to work a pleasure as I watch their families grow and enjoy Colorado like we do.
Rylee – Optician and Lab Tech
Opticians have the best job. I get to blend customer service with my eye for fashion every day. Everyone’s facial contours and skin tones are a little different. I am here to answer questions regarding shape, color and comfort of designer eyewear.
In the lab, I fix frames and make adjustments, so that your glasses will give you years of service.
Crystal – Front Desk and Tech
I give the kind of service and care I want my family to receive when shopping for an eye doctor and office. I perform many of the digital tests you will receive and train patients on contact lens care products that will protect their vision and give them good value.
Technology changes keep me busy, whether it is new contact lens materials, digital eye scans or faxing referrals for Doctor Bennett.